Yes, you can actually visit The Grenadines and NOT PAY an arm and leg for accommodations!
When I visit Bequia each year, this is where I choose to stay - that's my room on the bottom floor to the left with king-size four-poster bed, mosquito netting, flat screen TV, nice Caribbean style furnishings, separate large kitchen and dining area with shutters that can be opened to provide wonderful views.
How about paradise for a mere regular daily rate of less than $100 per day U.S. for summer season, and less than $140 U.S. per day for the winter season? With these rates you will have extra $$'s to spend on sailing trips to other islands in The Grenadine chain. (ˆ◡ˆ)
The Sugarapple Inn is a small, private hideaway on the island of Bequia. The inn is just steps away from the white sands of Friendship Bay Beach, where the warm Caribbean Sea is calm as glass, making for fantastic swimming or snorkeling.
The manager takes an active role in ensuring each guest has the best possible vacation. For starters you can request the refrigerator be stocked, and all guests are picked up at the airport. Guests are also given a local phone with pre-programmed numbers to reach management any time of the day or night. Additional phone numbers are included for local restaurants, taxi's and other island services.
Must try restaurants: Fernando's Hideaway, Tante Pearls, Da Reef at Lower Bay, Jack's Bar at Princess Margaret Beach, Frangiapanni Hotel's Saturday breakfast buffet, The restaurant at the Gingerbread, Blue Tropic at the Bagatelle Resort, and The Moskito Bar/Grill about 200 yards stroll up the beach.
This Photo courtesy of Sugarapple Inn, Bequia - St Vincents & The Grenadines
The property offers 8 uniquely decorated apartments with the following amenities:
- Two double beds or one king sized bed per room with air conditioning
- Kitchens are fully equipped for meal preparation and dining
- Complimentary WiFi, IPOD docking stations, Telephone
- Cable television in each room
- Daily Maid Service
- Pool, BBQ & outdoor dining facilities
- Beach towels and chairs
- Local telephone pre-programmed with restaurants, and island services
- Nearby attractions and activities:
Sailing The Grenadine Islands - My Favorite Activity
- Bequia offers great secluded beaches, lazy beach bars and restaurants featuring gourmet meals
- Port Elizabeth offers shopping for arts and craft and other local items
- Day and overnight tours to St Vincent’s nature trails, rainforest, waterfalls and volcano
- Tours to uninhabited Grenadine Islands, the Tobago Cays, or visit Mustique Island - home of the rich and famous
- Water Sports - Diving, snorkeling, sailing and charters
- Professional dive instruction and guided dives
A deposit, the cost of 2 days stay is required to reserve a unit - fully refunded if cancelled up to 2 weeks of arrival. Rates are subject to service charge and sales tax. Childred under 12 stay free
Send for a free brochure, contact owners, or secure a reservation