Sharing some of the best blog posts we read this past week . . .
- Gary Arndt is an avid traveler of the world, and currently on a very ambitious Caribbean island hopping itinerary through the Leeward Islands - now he's on to ferry hopping through the Windward Islands. As of August 2nd, he's visited St Thomas (USVI), Tortola and Virgin Gorda (BVI), St Maarten/St Martin, Anguilla, St Barths, Saba, St Eustatius, St Kitts & Nevis, Antigua, Montserrat and Guadeloupe. Here's Gary's Leeward Island Hopping Recap
- Still on the subject of "Island Hopping" Caribbean Journal posted "Five Great Caribbean Ferry Rides, and asked readers for their favorite Caribbean ferry ride.
I love the fast ferry from St Thomas to the British Virgin Islands as it's the cheapest way to get to Virgin Gorda BVI. However my favorite ferry ride is the beautiful scenic view on the Inter-island ferry connections between Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, and Les Saintes. Head over to Caribbean Journal for the full post
- Sir Richard Branson's Blog features the KX Kayakers Challenge which is a nine week, 800 mile long expedition across the Caribbean from Grenada to Puerto Rico - in tandem sea kayaks! Read more about this adventure at Richard's blog
- Steve at Uncommon Caribbean writes about the history and tradition of Steel Pan in Trinidad/Tobago - Interesting read
- Caribbean Trading Company celebrated "Mustard Day in the Caribbean"
Captain Tim says in Puerto Rico they like to celebrate, and will take any excuse for a holiday – and celebrating Mustard seems as good a reason as any.
- Beyond the beach: Exploring beautiful Barbados
Cheryl Richardson says some of the best things to do in Barbados that don’t involve a beach towel and a bottle of factor 15! Full article here
- Inside Journeys writes about a beautiful dove harp, that was part of an exhibition on view at the National Museum of Jamaica. The harp was the creation of intuitive artist, Everald Brown, popularly called “Brother Brown.”
- Visiting Big Spring, A Step Back in Time via Anguilla Beaches Blog - When you think of what's beautiful about Anguilla, people typically think about its soft sandy beaches, its unforgettable sunsets, terrific food and warm people. But, the beauty of Anguilla goes much deeper and much further back than that.
- Beach Bum Vacation entices readers to become one of the first vacationers to experience the rare extravagance of Sandals LaSource Grenada which opens its doors . Can't wait to visit! Spice Up Your Life at The New Sandals LaSource Grenada
- How I remember Cuba - Looking Beyond the Salsa and Mojito
From colonial cities such as Havana, Trinidad, Santiago de Cuba to the mesmerizing nature of the Valley of Vinales, the mountains of Sierra Maestra and the waters of the Carribean and Gulf of Mexico - Travellerspoint blog
- Laura Sangster, Caribbean Travel Specialist, offers Friday Caribbean Inspiration on St Barths Restaurants, Where to Go In Jamaica, Boutique Hotels, and much more
- Jan Bakker's popular, and frequently updated Caribbean Tumbler features everything Caribbean - Caribbean News, Stories, Adventures, Video's, Photo's, Tips and lots more
And finally - Rum Shop Ryan never disappoints with the Caribbean rum cocktails - I've pinned - and enjoyed - more of his cocktail recipes than I can count LOL
Check out last weeks cocktail recipe - "Road to Zion"