The best of the international yachting set show up for Sailing Week in Antigua - from classic wooden sailboats to 50- 100 foot mega yachts
Aside from six Caribbean nations representing (Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten and Trinidad & Tobago) - 21 other countries have competing yachts - Argentina, Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Holland, Ireland, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden and the United States.
While sailing is the top event, for many locals and tourists, Antigua Sailing Week is all about the food and island wide parties!
Here are just a few of the scheduled events:
- April 24 - Opening of the Wadadli Beer Grill at Nelson's Dockyard - Open each night til Saturday May 3rd
- April 26 - Official Antigua Sailing Week Welcome Party at Nelson's Dockyard
- April 26 - 27 - Meet the Trophy - America's Cup Trophy - oldest trophy in the history of sports comes to Antigua
- April 27 - Shirley Heights Lookout will host its famous Antigua Sailing Week breakfast - one of the best locations on the south coast from which to view the race start lines
- April 27 - Rum & Rhythms at Antigua Yacht Club BBQ and dancing on the lawn to live music featuring the Smoking Grillers & DJ Undercover
- April 29 - Shaggy will be live in concert at Shirley Heights Lookout
- April 30 - "Lay Day" - the Nonsuch Bay RS Elite Challenge & Sunset Beach Party at Pigeon Beach
- May 1 - Digicel Eat Street @ Wadadli Beer Grill at Nelson's Dockyard Car Park
- May 3 - Final Awards Ceremony & After Party at Nelson's Dockyard
- May 3 - Dockyard Day Island Party - Family friendly events, food, drink and music
Get all the details at http://www.sailingweek.com/v4/