October 30 – November 4, 2014
Gourmet Dining in the French Caribbean - Magnifique!
All photo's courtesy of St Barths Tourism
The Caribbean French island of St Barths is known around the globe for its fine dining featuring French, West Indian, Creole, Italian and Asian cuisine.
The variety of food offering in the islands 80 restaurants and grocery stores is quite astounding. However on St Barths it's not about the quantity and variety of food offerings - is all about quality and presentation.
The gourmet festival will feature seven host restaurants presenting multi-course menus every night for a total of 28 dinners. The Chef Patron of the festival is New York’s acclaimed super chef, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, accompanied by distinguished visiting chefs from France, Brazil, Japan, USA and Sweden.
Visiting Chef's and Restaurants:
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten - 3-star Michelin Relais & Chateaux Grand Chef in NY, USA - cooking at The Rock
- Jerome Nutile - 2-star Michelin Star Chef and 2011 Best Craftsman of France from Nimes, France - cooking at Le Bartolomeo
- Jean-Jacques Noguier - 1-star Michelin Chef at La Ferme de l'Hospital in Bossey, France - cooking at La Plague
- Thomas Troisgros - Head Chef at Olympe's in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - cooking at Le Sereno
- Daniel Berlin - Chef and owner of restaurant Krog in Skae-Tranas, Sweden - cooking at La Case de L’Isle
- Amandine Chaignot - Bocuse de Bronze 2012 - Paris, France - cooking at Taino
- Hideaki Matsuo - 3-star Michelin Star Master Chef and Owner at Kashiwaya in Osaka, Japan - cooking at Le Gaiac
In addition to the multi course gourmet meals, a free to the general public offering includes master cooking lessons, cocktail mixing tips from one of France’s top bartenders, and the young chef contest.
Visit the site for more details
What's happening in the Caribbean? Subscribe to Caribbean Daily and be informed!