The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is pleased to end
a very successful year for its growing jewel, Puerto Morelos.
The small fishing town is quickly becoming one of Mexico’s
most popular destinations for many reasons, particularly for
its commitment to advance its current tourism offering.Below are some of the most important announcements for the destination during this past year:
Photo Credit: Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau
- In May 2016, Puerto Morelos welcomed the 526 all-suite Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, a vibrant and modern adults-only all-inclusive.
- Puerto Morelos opened a new photo opportunity spot that spells out the name of the city with large, colorful letters on June 24, 2016.
- The “Soy Cerveza” Beer Festival, one of the most popular beer festivals in the area, drew in over 7,000 visitors in July.
- Puerto Morelos concluded its first successful participation as an individual brand at the 37th edition of the International Tourism Trade Fair, FITUR 2017, which took place in Madrid, Spain, from January 18 – 22. The fair provided the opportunity for Puerto Morelos to showcase itself as an up-and-coming destination in the Mexican Caribbean.
- TripAdvisor recently named Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort in Puerto Morelos in its “Top 25 Hotels for Families in Mexico” list for 2017.
- The town celebrated its 1st anniversary as one of the eleven municipalities of the Mexican state of Quintana Roo in January 2017.
Puerto Morelos’ most popular attractions include Selvatica, an adventure ecopark
Photo Credit: Cancun Adventure
- Ruta de los Cenotes (Cenote Route), a trail featuring eight water-filled cenotes that connect with each other through underground streams
- Crococun Zoo, a conservationist interactive adventure zoo
- The National Marine Park, rich in biodiversity, it’s one of the best kept secrets of the Meso American Reef.
The destination is fully committed to beach cleaning and maintenance of its pristine natural resources and is working hard to join other districts in the area by qualifying for Blue Flag status certification.
Fans and frequent visitors to Puerto Morelos also have a lot to look forward to this year with the following events taking place in Puerto Morelos:
- Mexico’s top open water swim race, “Ruta del Arrecife” or “The Reef Route" will take place February 25.
- The annual Puerto Morelos Fishing Tournament will be held in May gathering sport fishing fans from around the world.
As Mexico’s No. 1 tourist destination, Cancun is known all over the world for its spectacular beaches, unique beauty, breathtaking turquoise waters, and colorful culture. Cancun is located in the northern part of the southeastern Mexican state of Quintana Roo between Nichupte Lagoon and the stunning Caribbean Sea.
Cancun’s products include the Treasures of the Caribbean, also known as the destinations of Puerto Morelos and the islands of the Mexican Caribbean, which comprise of: Isla Mujeres, Holbox and Contoy.
Cancun is a multifaceted destination that combines the very best in luxury, nature, Mayan culture, glamour and world-class amenities with seductive adventure offerings and an up-and-coming gastronomy scene.
For more information:
Visit the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau website at: www.cancun.travel
Like on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/cancuncvb
Follow on Twitter and on Pinterest
Share your pictures of Cancun on Flickr Site and on Instagram
Browse through videos on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/cancuntravel