Barbados, the perfect island to host a Food & Rum Fest!
The 7th edition of the Barbados Food and Rum Festival
will be held from November 17 - 20, 2016
Photo's courtesy of Visit Barbados
This is the islands premier festival, and this year is historically significant as Barbados will celebrate 50 years of Independence on November 30, 2016.
The Food and Rum Festival takes places across various venues around the island - all with their own theme, live entertainment and more.
Each year international, local world class chefs, rum experts and mixologists all come together to provide appetizing menus, along with exceptional cocktails.
Professional Chefs for this year's event include:
Jean-Georges, Craig Harding, Athlone McCollin, Jèrmèy Dupire, Creig Greenidge, Damian Leach, Duayne Holligan, Henderson Butcher, Jason Howard, John Hazzard, Michael Harrison and Michael Hinds.
Festival Events Schedule:
- Nov 17 - Festival Opening at Oistins Bay Gardens - Cook Off Challenge of the Challenger
- Nov 18 - Rum Extravaganza - Taste of the Exotic at the Concorde Museum
- Nov 19 - Afternoon Polo Exhibition Match at Holder’s Polo Club in St James
- Nov 19 - Gourmet Safari with Chef Craig Harding - St Philip
- Nov 19 - Gourmet Safari with Chef - Chef Jean-Georges Vongerich - St James
- Nov 20 - Sunday Beach Party Cook-off and food sampling - Grand finale Needham’s Point beach at Hilton Barbados
Visit the site for more festival events, and learn more about Barbados